In order to warn people when a fic is going to be of a sexual or violent nature, we gotta have a rating system. If you post any fanfic, please rate it based on the following:G
- Suitable for children. Contains NO violence/sexual content/adult situations.PG
- Suitable for young teens. Contains VERY MILD violence/sexual content/adult situations.PG-13
- Suitable for people 13 and up. Contains MILD violence/sexual content/adult situations.R
- Suitable for people 16-18 and up. Contains violence/sexual content/adult situations which fits in with the plot.NC-17
- (aka XXX) Suitable for adults. Contains GRAPHIC violence/sexual content/adult situations which may be expressed more than the plot itself.
This is just a suggestive list. If you feel you're old enough to read the higher rated stories and someone won't come in here yelling about how you're reading filth, then this community can't stop you.* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *HOW YOUR POST SHOULD LOOK:
This is how your posts should look. You can even copy/paste this for a template.
YOUR STORY GOES HERE!</lj-cut>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *HOW TO POST:1.
Log into your journal.2.
Click "Post an entry
Where it says "Post to" in the drop-down menu, you will see your username (this is what you would select to post to your own personal journal) and "edherrmannfic" (which is the community). Select "edherrmannfic."4.
Put your story title in the "subject" and remember to put the rating of your story. You shouldn't be posting anything else but a story.5.
Choose HTML (you have to put in your own tags this way) or Rich Text (easier to add lj-cuts and other things with the click of a button).6.
Enter your story in the large box. You will need to use a LJ cut
here (so all these long stories don't show up on your friends list....that'd be a lot of scrolling). LJ cuts
are easy. They're basically just a small preview of text that hide the whole post. You click the link and it reveals the entire post. To make them, you simply put <lj-cut text="Read more">
then replace "Read more" with the text you want shown (example, your story title/rating/summary info). This goes BEFORE the whole post. Such as:<lj-cut text="Click here to read the rest of this post">
ALL THIS IN CAPS IS HIDDEN UNTIL YOU CLICK THE LINK THAT THE ABOVE CODE WILL MAKE. JUST REMEMBER TO CLOSE THE TAG WHEN YOU'RE DONE. LET'S END IT HERE.</lj-cut>7.
At the bottom, you will see a box called "Tags." Put your story title
and your username
here. This will allow people to easily find your stories in the archives by seasrching for those tags.8.
You may (optionally) fill out the "Mood," "Location" and "Music" boxes if you wish. Do not change the drop-down menu for "Show this entry to:" because we want it set to default so only members can see.9.
If you need/want, you can use "Preview" and "Spellcheck." Then hit the "Post to edherrmannfic" button (make sure it says "edherrmannfic" and not your username or something else) and you post is submitted.10.
If you have any questions of need help, let me know. I'll be glad to help.* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *HOW TO COMMENT/REPLY:1.
At the bottom of the entry, click "Leave a review!"2.
Scroll down to the bottom, type your reply and click "Post comment." If you have your settings to get eMail notifications in your eMail, you can simply reply from your inbox. You'll be eMailed the comments of the posts you've made, and to those who are replying to you.* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *ED vs. "ED":
Just in case some people visit here and aren't sure about what's going on, here's the scoop.
* Ed is married. We're aware of this. If we post scenerios about stealing him away from his wife, sharing him with her, tying him up and keeping him in a fluffy pink dungeon....we're just pretending and joking around. We don't expect Ed to leave his wife to run off with his fans. I think I speak for everyone when I say we're glad he's happy and would never want him to cheat on his wife (with us or anyone).
* Some fanfic is about characters Ed has played, other fanfic is about "Ed." The "Ed" in fanfic (and scenerios we make up) is NOT the real Ed. Our "Ed" is based on the real Ed, but is fictional. Meaning he may or may not be married, he may or may not have superhero powers, he may or may not rule the world, etc.
* This community does not tolerate anyone who says anything bad about Ed, his personal life, his family or his friends. You may see a comment such as, "I bet Ed would be happier spending the night with us than he would with his wife," and that's okay if it's being said as a joke or in a fictional scenerio. Saying, "Ed's wife isn't right for him and he should leave her," said in a serious manner is not okay at all.
* We love Ed. Ed loves Star. Star loves Ed. Star is good!
* There are two "worlds" in this community. The Reality World and the Fantasy World. Learn the difference and things will be cool.
Please before to read the following before you post any fan fiction.